You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
Accretion of Capital as a Basis for Dividends
You can always find the topics here!Topics: Surplus, Capital stocks, Dividends, Shareholders, Common stock, Stock dividends, Capital surplus, Corporations, Preferred stock, Business structures
Select the topics that are inaccurate.
Notes and References
This item contains 16 references.
1N. Y. Stock Corporation Law (i909) §§ 50, 65.
2This reference contains 4 citations:
- Williams v. Western Union Tel. Co. (I883) 93 N. Y. I62
- Barry v. Merchants' Exchange Co. (N. Y. i844) i Sandf. Ch. 280, 307.
- Verner v. General, etc. Trust., L. R. [I894] 2 Ch. 239
- Lee v. Neuchatel Asphalte Co., L. R. [I889] 41 Ch. I.
32 Cook, Corporations (6th ed) § 545.
4This reference contains 2 citations:
- Mackintosh v. Flint & P. M. R. R. (C. C. 1888) 34 Fed. 582, 604
- Lubbock v. British Bank of South America, L. R [I892] 2 Ch. i98.
5Poster v. New Trinidad, etc. Asphalt Co., L. R [igoi] i Ch. 2o8.
62 Cook, Corpora- tions (6th ed.) § 546.
7Williams v. Western Union Tel. Co., stpra, p. I88.
8Burland v. Earle, L. R. [igo2] A. C. 83, 95.
9This reference contains 2 citations:
- Bond v. Barrow Haematite Steel Co., L. R. [1g0] I Ch. 353.
- N. Y. Stock Corporation Law (igog) § 28.
10Hackett v. Northern Pac. Ry. (C. C. I905) I40 Fed. 717.
11This reference contains 2 citations:
- Re Bridgewater Navigation Co., L. R. [189I] 14 A. C. 525.
- McGregor v. Home Insurance Co. (1880) 33N. J. Eq.181.
122 Cook, Corporations (6th ed.) § 534.
13Griffith v. Paget, L. R. [I877] 6 Ch. Div. sii.
14Appellate Division, First Dept. 51N. Y. L. J.457.
162 Cook, Corporations (6th ed.) § 536.
17Lubbock v. British Bank, supra.