You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
The Secular Hebrew Poetry of Italy
You can always find the topics here!Topics: Poetry, Poetic meter, Religious poetry, Lyric poetry, Sonnets, Rabbis, Literary style, Occasional poetry, Jewish literature, Love poetry
Select the topics that are inaccurate.
Notes and References
This item contains 19 references.
39Kol 'Ugab, No. 33.
40This reference contains 3 citations:
- Moses b. Gerson HIefez (I664-Venice, 1712)
- Gerson, the young author of Yad Ḥaruzim..
- Neppi-Ghirondi, 239.
41This reference contains 2 citations:
- Della Volta's biography in Kerem Chemed, II
- Steinschneider, C. B.; Jewish Encyclopedia, s. v.
42This reference contains 2 citations:
- Dr. A. Berliner, Introduction to Luḥot Abanim
- Neppi-Ghirondi, pp. 165-76
43Neppi-Ghirondi, 129, 254.
44This reference contains 5 citations:
- Neppi, p. 143.
- Fürst, Bibl. Jud., s. v.
- his sonnet in Kehunnat Abraham, Venice 1719.
- He is the author also of Pi Sefarim
- Neppi- Ghirondi, p. 102, 238
45This reference contains 3 citations:
- He translated Ovid's Metamorphoses into Hebrew octaves
- Fiirst: Shab- betai Vita Maaini, Litcraturblatt des Orients, I820, c. 124
- Bibl. Jud., s. v.
46This reference contains 3 citations:
- Ḳol 'Ugab, No. 9
- Neppi-Ghirondi, p. 154.
- M. H. Luzzatto in Leshon Limmudim (Warsaw 1891, p. 78)
47Abraham Kahana in his "Life of Luzzatto" (Hebrew, Warsaw 1898)
48This reference contains 2 citations:
- S. Z. Margulies in ~2tXit, V, 209
- Neppi-Ghirondi, p. 137.
49his Shire Zimnrah he states that he was 96 at the time of its publication (800o).
50This reference contains 3 citations:
- Neppi (345-6)
- Steinschneider, C.B., 2595
- Mortara, Indice, 9
51This reference contains 3 citations:
- Landshut, Ammude ha-'Abodah, 173-177
- Fürst, Bibl. Jud., I, 320
- Mortara, Indice, p. 15.
52This reference contains 2 citations:
- Piperno, in Ḳol 'Ugab, 80b
- Mortara, p. 26.
53Kahana, "Life of Luzzatto," 33, 37.
54This reference contains 3 citations:
- Piperno, Ḳol 'Ugab, Notes 4 and 11.
- Castello's poems are Nos. IO, 17, 22, 41-44, 53-63, 65
- Colbo's Nos. I9, 34.
55This reference contains 4 citations:
- della Torre in Ben Chananiah, V (1862), p. 27ff.
- Moise Soave in Vessillo Israelitico, 1878, pp. 151-2
- note 2, p. 152
- Dr. Weikert, Preface to Romanelli's translation of Maffei's "La Merope" (Rome, 1904).
56This reference contains 4 citations:
- Romanelli also wrote (Non-Roman Text) (Berlin 1792)
- (Non-Roman Text) (Vienna 1793)
- 2nT lMnJ, Letteris in Bikkurim, II
- Zeitlin, Bibl. Heb. post-Mend.
57Rua4 IHadashah, Reggio 1822.