You may be interested in finding more content on these topics:
You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
The Secular Hebrew Poetry of Italy
Notes and References
This item contains 19 references.
39Kol 'Ugab, No. 33.
40This reference contains 3 citations:
- Moses b. Gerson HIefez (I664-Venice, 1712)
- Gerson, the young author of Yad Ḥaruzim..
- Neppi-Ghirondi, 239.
41This reference contains 2 citations:
- Della Volta's biography in Kerem Chemed, II
- Steinschneider, C. B.; Jewish Encyclopedia, s. v.
42This reference contains 2 citations:
- Dr. A. Berliner, Introduction to Luḥot Abanim
- Neppi-Ghirondi, pp. 165-76
43Neppi-Ghirondi, 129, 254.
44This reference contains 5 citations:
- Neppi, p. 143.
- Fürst, Bibl. Jud., s. v.
- his sonnet in Kehunnat Abraham, Venice 1719.
- He is the author also of Pi Sefarim
- Neppi- Ghirondi, p. 102, 238
45This reference contains 3 citations:
- He translated Ovid's Metamorphoses into Hebrew octaves
- Fiirst: Shab- betai Vita Maaini, Litcraturblatt des Orients, I820, c. 124
- Bibl. Jud., s. v.
46This reference contains 3 citations:
- Ḳol 'Ugab, No. 9
- Neppi-Ghirondi, p. 154.
- M. H. Luzzatto in Leshon Limmudim (Warsaw 1891, p. 78)
47Abraham Kahana in his "Life of Luzzatto" (Hebrew, Warsaw 1898)
48This reference contains 2 citations:
- S. Z. Margulies in ~2tXit, V, 209
- Neppi-Ghirondi, p. 137.
49his Shire Zimnrah he states that he was 96 at the time of its publication (800o).
50This reference contains 3 citations:
- Neppi (345-6)
- Steinschneider, C.B., 2595
- Mortara, Indice, 9
51This reference contains 3 citations:
- Landshut, Ammude ha-'Abodah, 173-177
- Fürst, Bibl. Jud., I, 320
- Mortara, Indice, p. 15.
52This reference contains 2 citations:
- Piperno, in Ḳol 'Ugab, 80b
- Mortara, p. 26.
53Kahana, "Life of Luzzatto," 33, 37.
54This reference contains 3 citations:
- Piperno, Ḳol 'Ugab, Notes 4 and 11.
- Castello's poems are Nos. IO, 17, 22, 41-44, 53-63, 65
- Colbo's Nos. I9, 34.
55This reference contains 4 citations:
- della Torre in Ben Chananiah, V (1862), p. 27ff.
- Moise Soave in Vessillo Israelitico, 1878, pp. 151-2
- note 2, p. 152
- Dr. Weikert, Preface to Romanelli's translation of Maffei's "La Merope" (Rome, 1904).
56This reference contains 4 citations:
- Romanelli also wrote (Non-Roman Text) (Berlin 1792)
- (Non-Roman Text) (Vienna 1793)
- 2nT lMnJ, Letteris in Bikkurim, II
- Zeitlin, Bibl. Heb. post-Mend.
57Rua4 IHadashah, Reggio 1822.