You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
The Economics of Jitney Bus Operation
You can always find the topics here!Topics: Automobiles, Jitneys, Jitney services, City buses, Passengers, Electric railroads, Transportation, Railway systems, Cities, Streets
Select the topics that are inaccurate.
Notes and References
This item contains 18 references.
1St. Louis Times, January 30, 1915
1Anderson et al., v. Smith-Powers Logging Co. et al., 139 Pac. Rep. 736.
1P. S. Commission, Md. v. Northern Central Railway Co., 90 A. 105.
2This reference contains 2 citations:
- Laws of New York, chap. 495, secs. 1, 2, 25, in effect May 13, 1914
- Laws of Illinois, Hurd's Revised Statutes, 1913, chap. III, A, sec. 55, in effect January 1, 1914.
3Van Hoefen v. Columbia Taxicab Co., 162 S.W. 694.
4This reference contains 7 citations:
- Kansas City v. Richardson, 90 Mo. App. 450.
- Commonwealth v. Gage, 114 Mass. 328 (1873)
- Commonwealth v. Estodder, 6. Cush. 562 (1851)
- St. Louis v. Green, 70 Mo. 562 (1879)
- State v. Foley, 31 Iowa 527 (1871)
- Commonwealth v. Matthews, 122 Mass. 60 (1877)
- Scudder v. Hinshaw et al., 33 N.E. 791
5City of Newport v. Merkel Bros. Co., 161 S.W. 549.
6Bingham v. Kollman et al., 165 S.W. 1097.
7City of Ft. Smith v. Scruggs, 69 S.W. 679.
8City of Terre Haute v. Kersey et al., 64 N.E. 469.
1This reference contains 2 citations:
- Gundling v. City of Chicago, 177 U.S. 183
- Sterling v. City of Bowling Green, 26 Ohio Cir. Ct. R. 581.
2City of Des Moines v. Bolton, 102 N.W. 1045.
3City of Henderson v. Lockett et al., 163 S.W. 199.
4Allerton v. City of Chicago, 6 Fed. Rep. 555.
5This reference contains 2 citations:
- Frankford & Philadelphia Passenger Railroad Company v. City of Philadelphia, 58 Pa. St. 119
- Johnson v. Philadelphia, 60 Pa. St. 445.
6City of New Orleans v. New Orleans City & Lake Railroad Company, 40 La. Ann. 587.
1The Kansas City Star quotes W. H. Miller
1Cost of Service on the Jitney Bus, by the Bureau of Fare Research, American Electric Railway Association.