You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
The Limestone Prairies of Wilcox County, Alabama
You can always find the topics here!Topics: Limestones, Prairies, Prairie soils, Limestone soils, Plants, Orchard soils, Sandy loam soils, Vegetation, Calcareous soils, Coastal plain soils
Select the topics that are inaccurate.
Notes and References
This item contains 10 references.
2a" Resources of Southern Alabama," Sp. Rep. ii, Geol. Survey of Ala., 1920.
3Torreya, 12: 154. July, 1912.
4Mem. Torrey Bot. Club, 17: 267. June, 1918.
5Torreya, 17: 141. Aug., 1917.
6Torreya, 12: 147. July, 1912.
7Plant World, 20: 60. 1917.
8Am. Fern Journal, 9: 99-I03. Jan., 1920.
9Bull. Torrey Bot. Club, 40: 396-399. Aug., 1913.
10This reference contains 2 citations:
- Gile and Ageton, Porto Rico Exp. Sta. Bull. i6 (the effect of strongly calcareous soils on the growth and ash composition of certain plants). 19I4
- Cowles, Bot. Gaz., 59: 163, 1915.
11This reference contains 4 citations:
- Rhodora, 9: 149-I93. 1907
- Cowles in Bot. Gaz., 45: 138-139
- Hilgard in Science, II. 27: 140-I43
- G. P. Merrill's " Rocks, Rock Weathering and Soils " (revised edition of 1906), pp. 185-226