You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
Motion on a Surface for Any Positional Field of Force
You can always find the topics here!Topics: Trajectories, Curvature, Differential equations, Curves, Tangents, Velocity, Conic sections, Kinetics, Mathematical surfaces, Tangent lines
Select the topics that are inaccurate.
Notes and References
This item contains 5 references.
1This reference contains 2 citations:
- Edward Kasner, "The trajectories of dynamics," Trans. Am. Math. Soc., 7 (1906), pp. 401-424
- "Dynamical Trajectories: the motion of a par- ticle in an arbitrary field of force," Trans. Am. Math. Soc., 8 (1907), pp. 135- 158
2E. T. Whittaker, Analytical Dynamics, p. 39.
5This reference contains 2 citations:
- Basset, Elementary treatise on cubic and quartic curves, chapt. IX
- Loria, Specielle algebraische und transscendente ebene Kurven, pp. 102-108
7This reference contains 2 citations:
- "Natural families of curves in a general curved space of N dimensions," Trans. Am. Math. Soc., vol. 13 (1912), pp. 77-95
- "Some geometric investigations on the general problem of dynamics," Pro- ceedings of the Am. Academy of Arts and Sciences, Vol. 55 (1920), pp. 285-322.
8This reference contains 2 citations:
- "Geometric characterization of isogonal trajectories on a surface," Annals of Math., 2d series, 15 (1913), pp. 71-77
- "Note on velocity systems in curved spece of n-dimensions," Bull. Am. Math. Soc. 2d series, 27 (1920), pp. 71-77.