You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
The Early Norwegian Press in America
You can always find the topics here!Topics: Newspapers, News media, United States history, Political parties, Seminary, Theology, Students, Civil wars, Writers, Slavery
Select the topics that are inaccurate.
Notes and References
This item contains 14 references.
*Read at the stated meeting of the executive council of the Minnesota Historical Society, St. Paul, October 11, 1920.
1This reference contains 7 citations:
- Mr. Carl Hansen, "Pressen til Borgerkrigens slutning," in Johannes B. Wist, Norsk-Ameri- kanernes Festskrift 1914, 1-40 (Decorah, Iowa, 1914)
- Symra, 4: 25-44 (1908)
- Kvar- talskrift, 3:14-28 (January, 1907)
- Emigranten (Inmansville, Wisconsin) as early as May 20, 1853
- "The Beginnings of the Norwegian Press in America," in Wis- consin Historical Society, Proceedings, 1916, pp. 186-212
- Juul Dieserud, "Den norske presse i Amerika. En historisk Oversigt," in Normands-Forbundet, 5:153-176 (April, 1912)
- "Pressen efter borgerkrigen," in Norsk-Amerikanernes Festskrift 1914, 40-203
4"The Historical Records of the Scandinavians in America," in Minnesota History Bulletin, 2:413-418.
5Hansen, in Norsk-Amerikanernes Festskrift 1914, 10-12.
6This reference contains 4 citations:
- Barton, in Wisconsin His- torical Society, Proceedings, 1916, p. 194
- North Star (Hudson, Wisconsin), and in December, 1860
- Junius A. Bartlett, he founded the St. Croixian, later known as the Polk County Press
- Ada T. Griswold, Annotated Catalogue of Newspaper Files in the Library of the State Historical Society of Wis- consin, 339, 411 (Madison, 1911).
12Hansen, in Norsk- Amerikanernes Festskrift 1914, 13.
13This reference contains 2 citations:
- Hansen, in Norsk-Amerikanernes Festskrift 1914, 17-40.
- Barton, in Wisconsin Historical Society, Proceedings, 1916, pp. 200-208.
14Hansen, in Norsk-Amerikanernes Festskrift 1914, 23-26.
16Hansen, in Norsk-Amerikanernes Festskrift 1914, 28.
17Nord- stjemen. Volume 1 : numbers 1-18 (June 10-October 7, 1857)
19Svein Strand, "Pastor C. L. Clausen," in Symra, 9:204-223 (1913).
20Barton, in Wisconsin Historical Society, Proceedings, 1916, p. 201.
21Hansen, in Norsk-Amerikanernes Festskrift 1914, 28.
22Hansen may be found in Norsk-Amerikanernes Festskrift 1914, 15-40.