You may be interested in finding more content on these topics:
You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
Aristotle and Kant on the Source of Value
Notes and References
This item contains 12 references.
3Aristotelis Opera, ed. Immanuel Bekker, Berlin Academy (Berlin, 1831).
4Nicomachean Ethics by W. D. Ross, revised byJ. L. Ackrill andJ. 0. Urmson, World's Classics ed. (Oxford, 1980). Page numbers refer to that edition.
5Plato, The Republic, trans. Paul Shorey in The Collected Dialogues of Plato, ed. Edith Hamilton and Huntington Cairns (Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, 1961), p. 605.
6This reference contains 2 citations:
- W. F. R. Hardie's "The Final Good in Aristotle's Ethics," Philosophy40 (1965): 277-95
- Aristotle: A Collection of Critical Essays, ed. J. M. E. Moravscik (Notre Dame, Ind.: University of Notre Dame Press, 1968).
7This reference contains 2 citations:
- Aristotle's Eudemian Ethics, 1215b-1216a
- Michael Woods, Clarendon Aristotle Series (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1982), pp. 5-6. Emphases mine.
9J. L. Ackrill's "Aristotle's Distinction between Energeia and Kinesis," in New Essays on Plato and Aristotle, ed. Renford Bambrough (London: Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1965).
12Warner Wick's "The Rat and the Squirrel, or the Rewards of Virtue," Ethics82 (1971): 21-32.
14Kant, Grounding for the Metaphysics of Morals, trans. James Ellington, in Kant's Ethical Philosophy (Indianapolis: Hackett Publishing Co., 1983).
15Kant, Critique of Practical Reason, trans. Lewis White Beck, Library of Liberal Arts (Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill Co., 1956).
16This reference contains 2 citations:
- "Two Distinctions in Goodness," Philosophical Review92 (1983): 169-95
- "Kant's Formula of Humanity," forthcoming in Kant-Studien
17Kant, Critique of Judgement, sec. 86, trans. J. H. Bernard (New York: Hafner Press, 1951), p. 293.
18This reference contains 2 citations:
- Metaphysics Lambda 7.1072b
- Nicomachean Ethics 7.14.1154b