You are not currently logged in.
Access your personal account or get JSTOR access through your library or other institution:
The Centenary of Ohio's Oldest Catholic Church (1818-1918)
V. F. O'Daniel
The Catholic Historical Review
Vol. 4, No. 1 (Apr., 1918), pp. 18-37
Published by: Catholic University of America Press
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/25011547
Page Count: 20
Notes and References
This item contains 12 references.
1This reference contains 34 citations:
- Archives of the Propaganda, Rome
- Archives of the Master General of the Dominicans, Rome
- Archives of the Dominican Fathers, Haverstock Hill, London, England
- Archives of the Dominican Fathers, Louvain, Belgium
- Archives of the Dominican Fathers, Saint Joseph's Priory, Somerset, Ohio
- Archives of the Archdiocese of Balti- more
- Archives of the Maryland-New York Province of Jesuit Fathers, Baltimore
- Archives of Notre Dame University, Notre Dame, Indiana
- BRYANT, A Popular History of the United States, New York, 1884-90, Vols. i and iii
- CLARKE, The Deceased Bishops of the Catholic Church in the United States, Vol. i, New York, 1888
- DECOURCY-SHEA, History of the Catholic Church in the United States, New York, 1856
- DRAKE AND MANSFIELD, Early Cin- cinnati, 1826
- ELSON, History of the United States of America, New York, 1905, Vols. i and ii
- GRAHAM, History of Fairfield and Perry Counties, Ohio, Chicago, 1883
- HOWE, Historical Collections of Ohio, Columbus, 1891, Vol. iii
- HoucK, The Church in Northern Ohio and in the Diocese of Cleveland, first edition, Benziger Bros., 1887
- second edition, Cleveland, 1890
- MARTZOLFF, History of Perry County, Ohio, Colum- bus, 1902
- O'DANIEL, The Friars Preacher, A Seventh Centenary Sketch, Somerset, Ohio, 1917
- Very Rev. Charles Hyacinth McKenna, O.P., Missionary and Apostle of the Holy Name, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 1917
- SHEA, Life and Times of the Most Rev. John Carroll, New York, 1888
- A History of the Catholic Church in the Limits of the United States, Vol. iii, New York, 1890
- SPALDING, Sketches of the Early Catholic Missions in Kentucky, Louisville, 1884
- Sketches of the Life, Times and Char- acter of the Right Rev. Benedict Joseph Flaget, Louisville, 1852
- WEBB, The Centenary of Catholicity in Kentucky, Louisville, 1884
- WINSOR, Narrative and Critical His- tory of America, Boston and New York, Vols. iii, iv, v
- VOLZ, A Century's Record (a pamphlet), Somerset, Ohio, 1905.
- HAMMIER, Eduard Dominik Fenwick, der Apostelvon Ohio, Freiburg, 1890.
- Catholic Al- manac of 1848
- Annales de la Propagation de la Foi, first eight volumes, Lyons, 1828-42
- United States Catholic Magazine, 1847
- Dominican Year Book, 1913
- American Catholic Historical Re- searches, July, 1891, p. 98ff
- History of the Catholic Church in the United States, Vol. iii, pp. 352-53
3Dominican Year Book, 1913
4This reference contains 4 citations:
- Catholic Almanac of 1848 (pp. 62-65)
- Bordeaux, August, 1823
- Dominican Year Book for 1913
- London Spectator (Vol. i, p. 350)
5Archives of Saint Joseph's Priory, Somerset, Ohio.
6This reference contains 2 citations:
- American Catholic Historical Researches, July, 1891, p. 103
- Rev. P. N. Sewell, S.J., (Stonyhurst?), England, September 2, 1824, to Rev. Enoch Fenwick, George- town College (Archives of the Maryland-New York Province of Jesuit Fathers, Baltimore, Case 206, K. 14).
7Diario di Roma, January 23, 1819.
9The Catholic Columbian, Columbus, Ohio, June 9, 1916.
10This reference contains 2 citations:
- Propaganda Archives, America Centrale, Vol. iv, No. 151.
- Carl Russell Fish (Guide to the Materials for American Iis- tory in Roman and Other Italian Archives)
11Baltimore Archives, Case 2, B. 1.
12This reference contains 3 citations:
- Bishop Flaget, Bardstown, November 6, 1820, to the Prefect of the Propa- ganda (Propaganda Archives, America Centrale, Vol. iv, No. 139)
- Archbishop Maré- chal, Baltimore, April 4, 1820, to same (ibid, No. 148)
- same to same, June 28, 1820 (Propaganda Archives, Acta of 1821, folio 272a).
13This reference contains 2 citations:
- Rev. J. B. V. DeRaymacker (Archives of the Dominican Fathers, Louvain, Bel- gium
- Catholic Almanac of 1848, p. 58ff.
14Mary Agnes McCann, History of Mother Seton's Daughters, the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati. Two Vols. New York, 1917.
The Catholic Historical Review