You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
The Centenary of Ohio's Oldest Catholic Church (1818-1918)
You can always find the topics here!Topics: Catholicism, Churches, Roman Catholic Church, Archives, Priests, Missionaries, Christian missionaries, Church fathers, Convents, Faith
Select the topics that are inaccurate.
Notes and References
This item contains 12 references.
1This reference contains 34 citations:
- Archives of the Propaganda, Rome
- Archives of the Master General of the Dominicans, Rome
- Archives of the Dominican Fathers, Haverstock Hill, London, England
- Archives of the Dominican Fathers, Louvain, Belgium
- Archives of the Dominican Fathers, Saint Joseph's Priory, Somerset, Ohio
- Archives of the Archdiocese of Balti- more
- Archives of the Maryland-New York Province of Jesuit Fathers, Baltimore
- Archives of Notre Dame University, Notre Dame, Indiana
- BRYANT, A Popular History of the United States, New York, 1884-90, Vols. i and iii
- CLARKE, The Deceased Bishops of the Catholic Church in the United States, Vol. i, New York, 1888
- DECOURCY-SHEA, History of the Catholic Church in the United States, New York, 1856
- DRAKE AND MANSFIELD, Early Cin- cinnati, 1826
- ELSON, History of the United States of America, New York, 1905, Vols. i and ii
- GRAHAM, History of Fairfield and Perry Counties, Ohio, Chicago, 1883
- HOWE, Historical Collections of Ohio, Columbus, 1891, Vol. iii
- HoucK, The Church in Northern Ohio and in the Diocese of Cleveland, first edition, Benziger Bros., 1887
- second edition, Cleveland, 1890
- MARTZOLFF, History of Perry County, Ohio, Colum- bus, 1902
- O'DANIEL, The Friars Preacher, A Seventh Centenary Sketch, Somerset, Ohio, 1917
- Very Rev. Charles Hyacinth McKenna, O.P., Missionary and Apostle of the Holy Name, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 1917
- SHEA, Life and Times of the Most Rev. John Carroll, New York, 1888
- A History of the Catholic Church in the Limits of the United States, Vol. iii, New York, 1890
- SPALDING, Sketches of the Early Catholic Missions in Kentucky, Louisville, 1884
- Sketches of the Life, Times and Char- acter of the Right Rev. Benedict Joseph Flaget, Louisville, 1852
- WEBB, The Centenary of Catholicity in Kentucky, Louisville, 1884
- WINSOR, Narrative and Critical His- tory of America, Boston and New York, Vols. iii, iv, v
- VOLZ, A Century's Record (a pamphlet), Somerset, Ohio, 1905.
- HAMMIER, Eduard Dominik Fenwick, der Apostelvon Ohio, Freiburg, 1890.
- Catholic Al- manac of 1848
- Annales de la Propagation de la Foi, first eight volumes, Lyons, 1828-42
- United States Catholic Magazine, 1847
- Dominican Year Book, 1913
- American Catholic Historical Re- searches, July, 1891, p. 98ff
- History of the Catholic Church in the United States, Vol. iii, pp. 352-53
3Dominican Year Book, 1913
4This reference contains 4 citations:
- Catholic Almanac of 1848 (pp. 62-65)
- Bordeaux, August, 1823
- Dominican Year Book for 1913
- London Spectator (Vol. i, p. 350)
5Archives of Saint Joseph's Priory, Somerset, Ohio.
6This reference contains 2 citations:
- American Catholic Historical Researches, July, 1891, p. 103
- Rev. P. N. Sewell, S.J., (Stonyhurst?), England, September 2, 1824, to Rev. Enoch Fenwick, George- town College (Archives of the Maryland-New York Province of Jesuit Fathers, Baltimore, Case 206, K. 14).
7Diario di Roma, January 23, 1819.
9The Catholic Columbian, Columbus, Ohio, June 9, 1916.
10This reference contains 2 citations:
- Propaganda Archives, America Centrale, Vol. iv, No. 151.
- Carl Russell Fish (Guide to the Materials for American Iis- tory in Roman and Other Italian Archives)
11Baltimore Archives, Case 2, B. 1.
12This reference contains 3 citations:
- Bishop Flaget, Bardstown, November 6, 1820, to the Prefect of the Propa- ganda (Propaganda Archives, America Centrale, Vol. iv, No. 139)
- Archbishop Maré- chal, Baltimore, April 4, 1820, to same (ibid, No. 148)
- same to same, June 28, 1820 (Propaganda Archives, Acta of 1821, folio 272a).
13This reference contains 2 citations:
- Rev. J. B. V. DeRaymacker (Archives of the Dominican Fathers, Louvain, Bel- gium
- Catholic Almanac of 1848, p. 58ff.
14Mary Agnes McCann, History of Mother Seton's Daughters, the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati. Two Vols. New York, 1917.