You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
Dr. Henry Woodward, the First English Settler in South Carolina, and Some of His Descendants
You can always find the topics here!Topics: Descendants, Sons, Daughters, Governors, Proprietors, Death, Magazines, Probate courts, Brothers, Marriage
Select the topics that are inaccurate.
Notes and References
This item contains 16 references.
1The South-Carolina Gazette of Dec. 23, 1756.
2This reference contains 4 citations:
- Year Book, City of Charleston, 1883
- Collections of the South Carolina Historical Society, Vol. V.
- Eliza Pinckney, by Mrs. Har- riott Horry Ravenel, p. 40
- McCrady's History of South Carolina under the Proprietary Government, p. 90.
3Collections of the South Carolina Historical Society, Vol. I., pp. 93-94.
4This reference contains 2 citations:
- Collections of the South Carolina Historical Society, Vol. V., p. 78
- "A new map of the Island of Barbadoes" by H. Moll, published with Oldmixon's British Empire in America, 2d. ed., Vol. 2
5This reference contains 2 citations:
- Collections of the South Carolina Historical Society, Vol. V., p. 222.
- Col. John God- frey, made March 12, 1689-90
6Will of Richard Woodward, dated April 10, 1725, and recorded in the Probate Court of Charleston County, book 1724-5, p. 282
7This reference contains 2 citations:
- Elizabeth Woodward to John Gibbes, recorded in the Mesne Conveyance Office, Charleston County, book QQ, 457
- Probate Court records, Charleston County, book 1740-47, p. 148
8A Sketch of the History of South Carolina (Rivers), p. 464.
9Will, dated Dec. 6, 1726, and recorded in book 1727-29, p. 263
10Will of Sarah Woodward, made Oct. 22, 1748
11Will of Col. John Gibbes, proved March 29, 1765 (Probate Court records, Charleston County, book 1760-67, p. 504
12This reference contains 2 citations:
- South- Carolina State Gazette and Timothy's Daily Advertiser, Friday Dec. 11, 1801.
- The South Carolina Historical and Gen- ealogical Magazine, Vol. II., 46.
14Vol. 4 of this magazine, pp. 51, 56, 114.
16Register of St. Philip's Parish, Charles Town, South Carolina, 1720-1758 (Salley), p. 217.
18The South-Carolina Gazette, Saturday November 8, 1735.
19Register of St. Philip's Parish, Charles Town, South Carolina, 1720-1758 (Salley), p. 250.