You are not currently logged in.
Access your personal account or get JSTOR access through your library or other institution:
Notes and References
This item contains 11 references.
1R. G. Havelock, Planning for Innovation through Dissemination and Utilization of Knowledge, Ann Arbor, Mich.: Institute for Social Research, 1969, Chapter 1.
2Julius H. Comroe, Jr. and Robert D. Dripps, "Scientific Basis for the Support of Biomedical Science," Science (April 9, 1976), vol. 192, pp. 105-111
3This reference contains 2 citations:
- C. W. Sherwin et al., First Interim Report on Project Hindsight (Summary), Defense Documentation Cen- ter, June 1966.
- C. W. Sherwin and Raymond S. Isenson, "Project Hindsight," Science, vol. CLVI (June 23, 1967).
4David Donnison, "Research for Policy," Minerva, vol. 10, no. 4 (1972), pp. 519-36, citation p. 527.
5Carol H. Weiss, "Where Politics and Evaluation Research Meet," Evaluation, vol. 1, no. 3 (1973), pp. 3745.
6This reference contains 2 citations:
- Morris Janowitz, "Professionalization of Sociology," Ameri- can Journal of Sociology, vol. 78 (1972), pp. 105-35
- Elisabeth T. Crawford and Albert D. Biderman, "The Functions of Policy-Oriented Social Science," in Crawford and Biderman (eds.), Social Scientists and International Affairs (New York: Wiley, 1969), pp. 233-43.
7Nathan Caplan, Andrea Morrison, and R Stambaugh, The Use of Social Science Knowledge in Policy Decisions at the National Level, Ann Arbor, Mich.: Institute for Social Research, 1975.
8Janet Weiss, "Using Social Science for Social Policy," Policy Studies Journal, vol. 4, no. 3 (Spring 1976), p. 236.
9Henry Aaron, Politics and the Professors, Washington, D.C.: Brookings, 1978.
10Cyril Comar, "Bad Science and Social Penalties," Science (June 16, 1978), vol. 200, p. 1225.
11This reference contains 2 citations:
- Aaron, op. cit.
- David K. Cohen and Janet A. Weiss, "Social Science and Social Policy: Schools and Race," in C. H. Weiss (ed.), Using Social Research in Public Policy Making, Lexington, Mass.: Lexington/Heath, 1977, pp. 67-83.
Public Administration Review © 1979 American Society for Public Administration