You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
The Servant of Jahveh
You can always find the topics here!Topics: Historical Books, Children, Exile, Literature, Christianity, Churches, Vocation, Document titles, Prophets, Prophecy
Select the topics that are inaccurate.
Notes and References
This item contains 7 references.
1This reference contains 2 citations:
- volume for 1884
- Dr. Stebbins's paper was read before the Society in June, 1885
2Hence Dillmann goes too far in asserting (Jesaia, p. 471)
3This reference contains 2 citations:
- Professor Forbes (Servant of Jehovah, p. 43) refers xlii. 1-7
- Israel, and quotes, as parallel to verses 2, 3, Paul's Servant of the Lord (2 Tim. ii. 24)
4This reference contains 3 citations:
- Bib. Sac., April, 1881
- Methodist Quarterly Review (Jan. 1884)
- Prophecies of Isaiah, ii. 288
5Trench on the Parables (p. 202, n. 3)
6Matt. xxiii. 35
7Giesebrecht, however, assigns liii. 8-10 to the prophet himself. He does not mention the parallel with Psalm ii.