Access

You are not currently logged in.

Access your personal account or get JSTOR access through your library or other institution:

login

Log in to your personal account or through your institution.

If you need an accessible version of this item please contact JSTOR User Support

Helminth Survey of Dogs and Cats in New Jersey

William G. Lillis
The Journal of Parasitology
Vol. 53, No. 5 (Oct., 1967), pp. 1082-1084
DOI: 10.2307/3276844
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/3276844
Page Count: 3
  • Read Online (Free)
  • Subscribe ($19.50)
  • Cite this Item
If you need an accessible version of this item please contact JSTOR User Support
Helminth Survey of Dogs and Cats in New Jersey
Preview not available

Abstract

Single fecal examinations, using the zinc sulfate flotation technique, were performed on 4,217 animals (2,737 dogs and 1,480 cats) and 3,730 helminth infections were revealed. Of these animals, 685 dogs and 318 cats were treated and necropsied, thus uncovering 584 additional infections not found by flotation. About 55% of the additional infections were tapeworms, and the remaining 45% were nematodes, of which 22% were light infections, 17% were immature, and 6% consisted of male worms only.

Page Thumbnails

  • Thumbnail: Page 
1082
    1082
  • Thumbnail: Page 
1083
    1083
  • Thumbnail: Page 
1084
    1084