You are not currently logged in.
Access JSTOR through your library or other institution:
The Associated Press Case
You can always find the topics here!Topics: Defendants, News content, Common law, Plaintiffs, Property rights, News media, Newspapers, Injunctions, Commercial courts, Business
Select the topics that are inaccurate.
Notes and References
This item contains 7 references.
1RECENT CASE NOTES, infra
3This reference contains 13 citations:
- Literary composi- tions: Webb v. Rose (I733) Amb. 695
- Donaldson v. Beckett (I774, H. L.) 4 Burr. 2408
- Wheaton v. Peters (i834, U. S.) 8 Pet. 59I.
- Letters: Thompson v. Lord Chesterfield (i774) Amb. 737
- Gee v. Pritchard (i8i8) 2 Swans. 402
- Baker v. Libbie (I9I2) 2i0 Mass. 599, 97 N. E. i0g
- 37L. R. A., N. S.944
- Dramatic compositions: Macklin v. Richardson (1770) Amb. 694
- Ferris v. Frohman (I912) 223 U. S. 424, 32 SUp. Ct. 263
- Thompkins v. Halleck (882) I33 Mass. 32.
- Lectures: Cullen's Case (I77I, Ch.) 12 App. Cas. 332, note 2
- Caird v. Sime (i887) I2 App. Cas. 326.
- Paintings: Turner v. Robin- son (i86o) io Ir. Ch. 12I.
4This reference contains 4 citations:
- Salomon v. Hertz (i885) 40 N. J. Eq. 400.
- 12L. R. A. (N. S.) 102
- 20 ibid. 933
- 44 ibid. 1160
5This reference contains 3 citations:
- Exchange Telegraph Co. v. Gregory [I896] I Q. B. I47
- Kiernan v. Man- hattan Quotation Telegraph Co. (i876, N. Y. Sup. Ct.) 50 How. Pr. I94
- Board of Trade v. Christie Grain, etc. Co. (09C05) I98 U. S. 236, 25 Sup. Ct. 637.
6Hohfeld, Fundamental Legal Conceptions as Applied in Judicial Reasoning (1917) 26YALE LAW JOURNAL, 710, 746.
8note 5, supra.
14This reference contains 2 citations:
- Sir Frederick Pollock seems to do so in his volume on Jurisprudence (2d ed., 1904) 62.
- Professor Hohfeld in (1913) 23YALE LAW JOURNAL, 16. 42.