The Geographical Journal has been published since 1831, and was the Society's journal of report until the relaunch in 2000. It has the highest circulation of any British academic journal in its field and publishes original research papers and review articles, which range across the entire subject of geography; they are restricted neither by area nor by topic. Post-2010 the journal has concentrated on articles relating to issues of public debate and policy-oriented agendas. Since 2000, the journal has contained limited Society news, but publishes a report of the Society's AGM and the Presidential address made at that meeting. JSTOR provides a digital archive of the print version of The Geographical Journal. The electronic version of The Geographical Journal is available at http://www.rgs.org/GJ. Authorized users may be able to access the full text articles at this site.
The Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers) is the Learned Society representing Geography and geographers. It was founded in 1830 for the advancement of geographical science and has been among the most active of the learned societies ever since. The largest geographical society in Europe, and one of the largest in the world, the RGS-IBG operates at a regional, national and international scale. The Society supports research, education and training, together with the wider public understanding and enjoyment of Geography. With its focus on society and environment, Geography is one of the most popular subjects in formal education and highly relevant to both life-long learning and fulfillment from travel.
This item is part of a JSTOR Collection.
For terms and use, please refer to our Terms and Conditions
The Geographical Journal © 1962 The Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers)