Current issues are now on the Chicago Journals website. Read the latest issue. Since its inception in 1912, Isis has featured scholarly articles, research notes and commentary on the history of science, medicine, and technology, and their cultural influences. Review essays and book reviews on new publications in the field are also included. An official publication of the History of Science Society, this is the oldest (and most widely circulating) English-language journal in the field. With a new Editor and editorial office in the Netherlands, the Press would like to acknowledge the following supporters: Ammodo Foundation; Descartes Centre, Utrecht University; Faculty of Humanities, Utrecht University; Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands; Museum Boerhaave, Dutch National Museum for the History of Science and Medicine. Subscriptions to Isis are concurrent with membership in the History of Science Society. All individual and student subscribers are automatically enrolled as HSS members, with all attendant benefits.
Since its origins in 1890 as one of the three main divisions of the University of Chicago, The University of Chicago Press has embraced as its mission the obligation to disseminate scholarship of the highest standard and to publish serious works that promote education, foster public understanding, and enrich cultural life. Today, the Journals Division publishes more than 70 journals and hardcover serials, in a wide range of academic disciplines, including the social sciences, the humanities, education, the biological and medical sciences, and the physical sciences.
Note: This article is a review of another work, such as a book, film, musical composition, etc. The original work is not included in the purchase of this review.