The Slavic and East European Journal (SEEJ) publishes research studies in all areas of Slavic languages, literatures, and cultures. Papers on non-Slavic East European subjects of interest to Slavicists may also be considered. Submitted articles should be well-documented, and should reflect command of relevant primary sources in original languages and knowledge of the current state of research in appropriate areas. Pedagogical articles report the results of serious research, experimentation, and evaluation. Shorter or less formal studies, communications, and compendia in the same areas will be considered for publication as notes. Review articles (longer analytical essays or broad surveys of research in specific areas) are also welcome. A book review section is also included in each issue.
The American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages (AATSEEL), founded in 1941, exists to advance the study and promote the teaching of Slavic and East European languages, literatures, and cultures on all educational levels, elementary through graduate school. While the largest proportion of its activities and members concentrate in the area of Russian, AATSEEL encompasses all Slavic and East European languages, literatures, linguistics and cultures. AATSEEL holds an annual conference in December of each year; its publications include the Slavic and East European Journal (SEEJ) and the AATSEEL Newsletter, each of which appears four times per year. AATSEEL also publishes an annual membership directory. All members receive all publications at no additional cost. Membership also provides discounted registration at our annual conference.
Note: This article is a review of another work, such as a book, film, musical composition, etc. The original work is not included in the purchase of this review.
This item is part of a JSTOR Collection.
For terms and use, please refer to our Terms and Conditions
The Slavic and East European Journal © 1971 American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages