The American Journal of Archaeology, published by the Archaeological Institute of America, was founded in 1885 and is one of the world's oldest and most distinguished and widely distributed archaeological journals. The AJA reaches more than 50 countries and almost 1,000 universities, learned societies, departments of antiquities, and museums. It is published quarterly in print and digital formats. The AJA regularly publishes open access content on its website.
The Archaeological Institute of America (AIA) promotes archaeological inquiry and public understanding of the material record of the human past to foster an appreciation of the roots of our shared humanity. The AIA supports archaeologists, their research and its dissemination, and the ethical practice of archaeology. The AIA educates people of all ages about the significance of archaeological discovery and advocates for the preservation of the world’s archaeological heritage.
Note: This article is a review of another work, such as a book, film, musical composition, etc. The original work is not included in the purchase of this review.